Friday, April 10, 2009

Blessed with Friends/Blogoslawiona Przyjaciolmi

March 24, 2009

Blessed With Friends

 

When I first moved to Iowa to Georgia, I hated life.  I didn't like my children's school, the cockroaches; my husband's long working hours, the lack of fun activities for kids, my ghetto surroundings, and the racism that still exists in the south.  I also didn't like my enormous church congregation where I could never find a seat, or hear, or run into the same person twice.

 

I must say I could have dealt with all that, had my dear friends from Iowa moved with me.  More than anything I missed my Iowa friends, as did my kids.  I just knew I could never find another:

Jolene(full of wisdom and charity),

Shirlene(sweet, without guile, with no ill feelings toward anyone),

Linda(full of love and good works),

Barb(the best and funnest person to talk to),

Marye(always serving everyone),

Toni (the best cook),

Krithika(my best friend),

Nancy(I pray every day pray to become like) or

Laura(supermom),

among many others. 

 

I brought a year's supply of Aldi's German chocolate from Iowa, but I was so depressed that I ate the entire 60 or so pounds in month.  It didn't help, I gained 10 pounds instead, and remained lonely and depressed, just like my kids…

 

The thought of leaving and going back to Iowa crossed my mind more than once.  But having lived 20 years as a person who trusts God, I knew I would do the right thing even if it killed me; so I stayed.

 

Soon enough, I moved into a brand new cockroach free house, and my church congregation got spilt and reorganized.  My kids and I made friends in our new neighborhood, and church.  Samuel has never been happier than when playing with Dillon; Isaiah could spend all day with Zach or Camden; Nephi met a great friend Nick and Gracie played next door with Alexis. 

 

Of course, in the military everyone moves all the time, but that just makes making friends easier.  I guess everyone is used to investing in relationships even if they will last only for a short time due to moving.  Samuel and Isaiah went through a grieving period when Dillon, Zach, Camden moved. They still talk about their old friends, but through prayer a new family with boys moved across the street.  Now they can't live without Tristan and Cameron. 

 

I love my neighbors Jill and Rachel, I miss Atthiya, and Jen from the old housing.  From church, I thought I couldn't live without Jessica's jokes, Staci's long talks, or Denise's great company, when they moved. 

 

But now I have the Fat Frumpy Five.  Ashley, Tina, Brandi, Stephanie, and I belong to the older crowd at church.  Most ladies in our congregation are in their early twenties.  We are 33 and over, with 3+ kids, so the fat sticks better to us.  We love to get together, stay up late, and talk, talk, talk, even argue in good humor.  A couple of weeks ago we went to a cabin over the weekend; just the ladies, no husbands or kids.  We laughed, we cried, we learned from each other, and above else we talked, all three days and most of the nights as well. 

Now, I am grateful for my move to Iowa and to Georgia.  I wouldn't want to live without knowing the women that I met here and there. 

"The Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away, blessed be the name of the Lord" (Job 1:21).

Sylwia

P. S.  Attached are some pictures of some of my friends

 

24 Marzec 2009

Blogoslawiona Przyjaciolmi

 

Na poczatku jak sie przeprowadzilam do stanu Georgia, to bylam bardzo smutna.  Nie podobala mi sie moich dzieci szkola, nie moglam zniesc kalaruchow, nie bylo tu fajnych rozrywek dla dzieci, moj maz za dlugo pracowal, duza czesc miasta tu wyglada jak getto, i tez tu na poludniu jeszcze jest racizm.  Moja gmnia w kosciele tez mi sie nie podobala bo byla bardzo za duza.  Nie bylo miejsca gdzie usiasc, trudno bylo cos uslyszec, i tez trudno bylo spotkac te sama osobe dwa razy pod rzad.

 

Nie bylboby tak mi zle nawet w tej sytulacji jesli ze mna by sie  moje przyjaciolki z Iowa przeprowadzily.  Najgorsza czesc przeprowadzki dla mnie byla separacja od moich przyjaciolek. Tak tez moje dzieci sie czuly bez ich przyjaciol.   Myslalam ze ja juz nigdy nie znajde takiej dobrej przyjacioki jak Jolene, Shirlene, Linda, Barb, Marye, Toni, Krithika, Nancy, i Laura.  Lub nawet wiele innych ktorych znalam w stanie Iowa.   W Iowa byl Niemiecki skep Aldi z prawdziwa Niemiecka czekolada.  Tu w Georgia nie ma takiego sklepu wiec ja przywiozlam ze soba okolo 30 kg czekolady, abym miala na caly rok.  Ale bylam taka smutna i samotna jak tu przyjechalam ze zjadlam cale 30 kg w jeden miesiac.  Nic mi to nie jedzenie nie pomoglo, zato dodalam 5 kg na wadze.  Nadal bylam samotna i smutna tak jak moje dzieci.

 

Kilka razy myslam o powrocie do stanu Iowa.  Ale ja wiedzialam ze to nie bylo wola Boga.  Przez ostanie 20 lat ja ufam Bogu, wiec zostalam tu w stanie Georgia.

 

Nie dlugo po przyjedzie tu przeprowadzilam sie do nowo zbudowanego domu bez kalaruchow.  Moja gmina w kosciele zostala podzielona.  Ja i moja rodzina na nowym osiedlu i w nowym kosciele poznalismy wiele przyjaciol.  Do tego dnia Samuela ulubiony przyjaciel to Dillon, a Isaiah codziennie sie bawil z Zach i Camden.  Nephi poznal dobrego przyjaciela Nick, a Grace codziennie sie bawila z dziewczynka Alexis. 

 

Oczywiscie w wojsku wszyscy sie czesto przeprowadzaja.  Ale to pomaga w poznawaniu przyjaciol.  Od razu ludzie chca inwestowac czas w poznawanie nowych przyjaciol bo wiedza ze nie maja za duzo czasu przed nastepna przeprowadzka.    Samuel i Isaiah byli bardzo smutni jak ich przyjaciele Dillon, Zach, i Camden sie przeprowadzili.  Ale po modlitwie nowi chopcy sie sprowadzili.  Teraz Samuel i Isaiah nie moga zyc bez Tristan i Cameron. 

 

Ja kocham moje sasiadki Jill i Rachel.  Tez tesknie za sasiadkami Jen i Atthiya ze starego osiedla.  Z kosciola bardzo tesknie za Jessica ktora swietnie zartowala, Staci ktora fajnie i dlugo gadala, i Denise z ktora swietnie spedzalo sie czas.  Niestety one tez sie przeprowadzily.

Ale zato ja teraz mam 5 Starszych Grubych Pan.  Tak ja i moje kolerzani (Ashley, Tina, Brandi, i Stephanie) sie same nazwalysmy.  W  naszej gmninie w kosciele wiekszosc kobiet  jest bardzo mlodych i chudych.  My jestesmy starsze panie bo mamy 33+ lata.  Tez mamy 3+ dzieci wiec mamy wiecej tluszczu na ciele.  Bardzo lubimy spedzac czas razem.  Pare tygodni temu pojechalysmy na male wakacje bez mezow lub dzieci nad jezioro.  Bylysmy tam 3 dni, i gadalysmy cale te trzy dni i dwie noce.  Duzo sie smialysmy, nawet troche plakalysmy, i od siebie tez duzo sie nauczylysmy. 

 

Teraz jestem wdzieczna z przeprowadzke do stanu Iowa i do stanu Georgia.  Nie chcialam bym zyc bez moich przjaciolek ktore spokalam tam i tu.

"Pan dal, Pan wzial, niech bedzie imie Panskie blogoslawione." (Ksiega Joba 1:21)

Sylwia

P.S.  Zalanczam zdjecia przyjaciolek

3 comments:

Bastianclan said...

Sylwia,
That is one of the things I love about the miltary. I love that we can make friends so easy. I love that my friends help fill the void that my family can't give because they live so far away. Something cool with military friends there is always a friend somewhere that you can stay with.
Sylwia thanks for being such a wonderful friend. I am truly blessed to have you in my life...
Even if we don't understand each other 90% of the time. YOu are still super cool!!!!

The Hicks of Kentucky said...

Thank you very much for the kind words you left on my blog. I really appreciate it!

Becky said...

Good friends make all the difference - -sometimes I still struggle with missing past friends we have moved away from. I have to remember that as time moves on, I will become close to new women. I am so glad you have found that in Georgia!